Over the years, since its establishment in the early years of the State of Israel, Orian has developed and grown, becoming one of Israel's leading logistics services companies.
After over 60 years of activity, we at Orian look back proudly at our achievements, and forward to the challenges yet ahead – the international trends that affect our business, and the changing needs of the Israeli market.
Orian was established in 1953 by the late Mr. Avraham Lamdan as a customs brokerage company.
The company's second generation of management led the company into new areas of activity:
- 1984 – Orian begins its cargo forwarding activity
- 2000 – Orian is appointed as DB SCHENKER's sole representative in Israel.
- 2004 – Orian acquires the activity of AGISH, a company specializing in customs brokerage.
- 2006 – in wake of BAX GLOBAL's merger with DB SCHENKER, Orian is appointed BAX GLOBAL's sole representative in Israel. The same year, Orian gains full control of the logistical warehouses of SCG Logistics Ltd, and thus enters the logistics area.
- 2007 – Orian is listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, and becomes a publicly-owned company.
- 2007 July – Orian expands the scope of its services by purchasing a fleet of trucks for land transport.
- 2011 – Orian acquires the Y. Sassover international Logistics Services company .
- 2012 July – Orian opens its new 30,000 sqm warehouse at Lev Ha'aretz 1.
- 2012 December – Orian acquires the largest courrier service provider in Israel - Aviv Shigur Company.
- 2014 – Orian acquires the activity of Suffrin, a company specializing in customs brokerage.
- 2018 June – the cornerstone is laid for Kiryat Orian, the company's new complex under construction in the Modi'in Industrial Zone. Kiryat Orian will be home to the company's headquarters, its main sorting and distribution center, and an advanced warehouse. We expect to enter our new home in 2021.
- 2018 December – Orian opens Lev Ha'aretz 2 warehouse, adjacent to the existing 19,000 sqm center at Lev Ha'aretz 1.
- 2019 March – Orian purchases majority shares (51%) of CONCEPT LINE LTD specializing in distribution and transport services for pharmaceuticals and other temperature-controlled products.
- 2019 – Cornerstone laid at new warehouse at Moshav Beit Hilkia, construction of which is expected to end in the third quarter of 2020, with a total storage area of about 20,000 sqm.